Bespoke U/W Photo Class
A Bespoke Underwater Photography Class is the best way to learn what YOU want to learn! The bays have been looking amazing lately. Conditions are great for some amazing custom, or bespoke underwater photography classes.
There are no specific dates scheduled for this Bespoke Underwater Photography Class because it is only available upon request! You just have to let me know what you’re wishing to learn and I will work out a class to suit you as best as possible. Weather depending of course.
Many people have requested a bespoke class to better learn how to use the camera they have just purchased. Some want to learn the basics of photography, but better understand post production.
As I have used a large number of cameras over the years, I can adapt to almost any system. Whatever it is you wish to learn, I aim to help you do so, making it as fun and easy as possible.
You can contact me directly using the contact form.
As well as this, you can book through Pleasure Divers. They are the island’s most established dive shop!
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Moderate: Diving Cert Req'd
Group Size Small Group
The Bespoke Underwater Photography Course is a fun and exciting way to learn more about your new bit of gear, the basics of shooting underwater, and really, whatever it is that YOU want to learn about most.
Run in conjunction with Pleasure Divers, Magnetic Island’s most well-established dive centre, we will run through a few basics to start off with, starting with the ‘exposure triangle’. Then you’ll have the chance to get to grips with a range of different cameras, or be shown how to get the best out of your own camera, if you have one.
You’ll learn how to shoot well-composed and exposed images, to prepare your gear for going underwater, and to observe good underwater photography dive practices.
After that, depending on quite how you wish to learn, we can jump into the 3m deep dive pool at the shop, or go straight to the ocean for the dive.
After the dive, we will review the images back at the dive shop, and you will learn some basic (or advanced) post-production techniques.
Alma Bay and Geoffrey Bay are two easily accessible dive sites, both within a few minutes walk of the dive shop.
Alma Bay has a large sandy bottom with coral encrusted boulders fringing the bay, and is home to a large amount of stingrays, often seen in the sand.
Geoffrey Bay has the old Moltke Wreck, which has many large schools of fish hanging around the shady parts of the wreck, as well as many colourful soft and hard corals growing all over it. We certainly have some nice photo opportunities to discover!
The following will be included:
- A fun, friendly hour or two, learning the basics of photography and your camera in a casual yet professional environment.
- A range of underwater camera equipment on a first-come first-served basis. I have 3 complete underwater camera rigs for use on the class.
- Scuba gear (Mask, snorkel, fins, BCD, Regs, tanks, weights and wetsuit). Or feel free to use your own gear if you have it.
- Optional pool dive session to get acquainted with the/your camera gear and for some easy-environment practice.
- Patient and clear guidance on how to get the most out of your photography gear.
- A fully guided photography dive of the best parts of the bays for underwater photography, with camera assistance when/if desired.
Please come prepared for a fun dive course. Make sure that you have sunblock, a dry towel, water and your dive certification and log-book. Also, any of your own equipment that you wish to use. The following is not included:
- Travel insurance and other emergency coverage.
- Food and refreshments.
- Photography equipment beyond the gear listed above.